Thursday, May 31, 2012

DIY: Silicone molds for acrylic/clay/ cupcake decoration

Hello lovely's!

It's been a while i've wrote something here, but i've been so busy with my YT channel.
Today i want to share a video with you guys. A while ago, Ilona, from Sillis send me some earring settings for reviewing purposes. When i was looking at their site again (http://www.sillis.nl) i saw something which looked awesome to me. Silicones to make your own molds. These molds you will make yourself can be used for making flatbacks for jewelry, scrapbooking, acrylics (to make a 3D nailart design), cupcake decorations and many more! She send me some to make my own molds, and it's soooooo awesome! It's really easy to do. You will get 2 different "silicones". One is white and the other is green. You have to take equal parts and mix them together untill the color is smoothly and opaque. Don't use to much in once, if you need more you can always mix some again. Then take the amount you need for your flatback (sillis will send some with the silicone, you can even choose what style you'd like to receive) Push in your flatback, leave it for about 2 to 3 hours. Take it out, and your mold is ready to use. If you want to use it for food purposes, bake it in de oven at 200 degrees for about 4 hours. Then put it in the dishwasher at the hottest menu, and they are ready!
Take a look at my video how it's used to be done!
I hope you like it!
Don't forget to check out Sillis facebookpage (and mine ;-) )
Their english website is: http://www.sillicreations.com





Thank you and take care!!
Camilla

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I love cupcakes! Once I did silicone tubes for an school project, maybe I should try to do models for creating this kind of beauties :)

    ReplyDelete